All in one printers

Can anybody advise on which is the best All-in-one printer, Photo printer and best value for money?

Thanks.

pj123 17:30 23 Oct 03

Don't like "all in ones" but if I had to it would be an Epson. It is not just the printer price you need to look at but the cost of replacement ink cartridges. All the others have horrendous replacement ink cartridge prices. If you go to click here you can get compatible ink cartridges at a good price for all Epson printers.

Wilham 17:38 23 Oct 03

Over recent years I've bought three HP All-in-Ones... models 1175,750 and 2210. First fused, 2nd gave to my older son, 3rd cost too much for ink.
All-in-one means printer plus scanner, but may also include fax and/or card readers.
Published reviews are often most uninfomative. Ink costs can be contradictory between mags.
People seem happy with HP compatible carts but remember all such refilled HP's are with secondhand printheads. Many are indifferent about solvent or pigment inks (I'm fussy).
Starting again I've abandoned all-in-one for separate printer and scanner. New printer is a Canon i850 and scanner-to-come will lkely be the CanoScan LIDE80. Total £100 + £136 =£236.
I also have a six way card reader/WRITER from 7dayshop at around £17.
I hope some of the above may be useful.

wags 18:31 23 Oct 03

Personally, I agree with Wilham and recommend separates as the best way to go. I also have a canon i850 printer along with a Canon Lide 30 scanner. If you want true photo quality,as you mention you do,I would suggest that an all in one is too much of a compromise to deliver the results that you will get from quality separates. Happy shopping.

Wags :)

I have an HP psc 2179 that I purchased from PC World and I am very please with it. Strange thing is that I have never seen this model anywhere else.

PC Advisor recently reviewed the psc 2175, which is very similar, and it received quite a bit of praise.

Neither models have a fax capability.

bfoc 08:44 24 Oct 03

All in ones can be alright. I have bought two, one for each of my daughters who are at Uni, and space is important to them. Both are budget end machines. The first (9 mths ago) was a HP PSC 750 and the second (last month) was a Lexmark X1150.

I have been impressed by both. They offer good quality scans and excellent text printing in a very neat package. The HP was more expensive and will copy even with the computer switched off. The Lexmark was cheaper and prints colour photos well, if slowly. I think the Lexmark is faster than the HP on black text though.

Yes, the ink will be more expensive, but if one is looking to do a lot of text printing then Lasers are surely the route to go.

I personally wouldn't get an all in one, since I prefer the flexibility of seperate scanner(s) and printer(s), but I need a lot of room for those.

Like most things in computing it about choosing what is best for oneself and all-in-ones do have real advantages.

QVC have the Lexmark X1150 on offer at the moment in a very good bundle with Photoshop Elements for an excellent price. They also offer the 30 day money back guarantee, so if you don't like it or aren't happy with it you can send it back. click here

Stuartli 09:06 24 Oct 03

To keep all-in-ones down to a reasonable price the individual features are usually a compromise compared to separate items.

Another problem is if one section breaks down, the complete item has to go for repair...

gobi 13:58 24 Oct 03

I have an Epson CX3200 all in one and it is superb for an average user like me. I used it to print my text file, print my passport photo, photocopying documents and scanning, now and then. Its quality is excellent and I am satisfied with the Smart Panel software included (though I did use other graphic softwarefor editing). There are two things that can be better. Firstly, the factory-like printing sound of the printer, which I think is typical of an Epson. Secondly, the draft quality printing is sad to say is very poor and you end up printing normal quality printout all the time - which is also, I think typical of an Epson. But then, you got what u paid for. You might request brochures and samples (which I did) from Epson website and make a choice from there. CX3200 has fallen to only £70 now. Cheap price for printer, scanner, and copier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…