all in one printers

peculiar2 16:12 02 Sep 03

if i wantto use my printer for photographs from my digital camera (4.5million pixels) and want a high quality scanner, am i best going for an all in one option, or are these lower quality?

wee eddie 18:10 02 Sep 03

Where-as one will have a goodish printer, the scanner will not be cutting edge and vice versa.

The only reason for accepting a mediocre printer and scanner built into a box is that the total footprint is smaller.

It should not be difficult to slide one of the smaller scanners into a drawer and then you have the best of both worlds.

Stuartli 21:02 02 Sep 03

Separate items are far superior over all-in-ones and, if one goes down, you don't have to send the whole caboodle back for repairs...:-)

wags 22:06 02 Sep 03

Buying an all-in-one is a compromise. It's a bit like comparing Hi-fi separates and a "music centre". Peculiar2, as you have a decent camera, it would be wise to buy a good quality printer and if need arises, a separate scanner (these are particularly cheap these days.)

I particularly like the Canon range of printers and scanners - read some reviews and check out the prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…