All in one printer, scanner etc

MLewis 13:36 16 Sep 03

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting one of these printers, does any have one of these and do they do everything as good as theseperate items? Is it worth buying all the items seperate or going for one of these all in one jobs??

-pops- 14:01 16 Sep 03

Bear in mind that these items are complex mechanical devices and therefore prone to failure.

If you have an all in one system, if one part goes wrong you are without any of them.

Mr Scone 14:16 16 Sep 03

I've had a HP PSC 750 for over a year now. I'm very pleased with it and as an allrounder it is ideal. It's now been replaced by a better model too!

A warning though. Check out cartridge prices before buying. If you do a lot of photocopying it can get very expensive.

MS

Belatucadrus 14:53 16 Sep 03

click here for a PCpro labtest on a range of multi function devices.

Jester2K II 15:40 16 Sep 03

Cheers - just what i was looking for to send to my sister....

Sion 17:02 16 Sep 03

look at the Lexmark x1150 as well. Its in Dixons at the moment for £70, and the specs are good, and if you look around the web you won't find a bad review on it. I ordered myself one this week actually, although it hasn't arrived yet so i can't give you a personal opinion

spuds 19:22 16 Sep 03

I have an HP590 OfficeJet, which is about 5 years old now,and still working strong. Decided that I would put the HP590 into semi retirement, and purchased a Lexmark X85 for £108.95 [these are selling for £69.99 at Aldi and PCW now].Had a few problems with this machine,nothing major, and have now disposed of this, and changed it for the Lexmark X5150.The X5150 can be purchased from PCW [£129.99] Comet [£119.99] or Comet On-Line [£109.99]. At the present btime, a promotional offer is on, with the Lexmark X5150. There is a voucher cash back offer of £20.00 on the above prices.

Going back on your original question. I am well satisfied with the 4in1's. But before purchase, just check the prices of cartridge replacements.I use compatibles and refills.

The Paul 10:33 17 Sep 03

I've been an HP user for as long as I can recall. I recently, though, purchased an Epson CX5200. Its a 3in1 as I dont need fax.

It uses 4 cartridges (Black Cyan Yellow Magenta). As it doesnt result in me throwing away half full colour cartridges as I do with my HP930C it will cost me less to run.

As for build quality, I am really pleased with this aspect of it. Apart from the initial paper pick up action (which is very loud) the rest is great. PC World had it for £149.99. Spec is great too.

spuds 23:26 17 Sep 03

I see that you have ticked resolved. Did we answer your question. Nothing like a bit of feedback (;o)

kinger 20:25 21 Sep 03

I've been using the HP d145 for nine months and it's a real workhorse.

Cartridges are slightly pricey but the new carts are "now with more ink!!" as it says on the packet. However, I use 'Inksaver' software and it prints excellent quality at half the cost, approximately, anyway.

dagbladet 19:59 22 Sep 03

Kinger, can you tell me more about inksaving software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…