All in one printer help!!

kirstymac 15:02 28 Nov 08

I have been searching on the internet for a few weeks now trying to find a suitable all in one printer that would be a suitable gift for a family member and its making me go into melt-down.

The person we are buying it for is a textiles and fashion design student, she is very into photography as it is part of her course, she uses a MacBook and will be needing to scan things in hence we need it to do everything. I think being able to download the images from the camera direct would be a great help to her. I have been on dozens of sites and have gotten nowhere. We were looking to spend a max of £50.

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

HondaMan 16:21 28 Nov 08
  chub_tor 16:30 28 Nov 08

I am a Canon fan and this is only slightly over your budget click here.

Quality product, and can print from a memory card direct.

lofty29 16:50 28 Nov 08

I have had a brother dcp-115c for quite some time now, cheap ink tanks, not that fast but good results, originally cost about £40 from tesco

cagey 20:47 28 Nov 08

Just bought today an Epson SX205 allin one with card reader for only £39.14(including Vat @ 15%)from Currys. Seems like a real bargain as normal retail price is £79.99.

spuds 11:52 29 Nov 08

I use four all-in-ones, with great general results from each one. All have slight advantages, disadvantages, but in the main it is running costs that I would consider first and foremost.

The printers that I use: HP 490 0fficejet (age 10+ years) HP 3180 (age 2 years) Lexmark X5150 (5 years) Canon MP 210 (4/5 months old).

Lexmark cartridges expensive and perhaps difficult to obtain. HP cartridges not bad, and still able to get supplies for the HP 490. Canon still in trial stage. I also run a number of Epson 'standard' inkjets, with easy and cheap to obtain cartridges.For basic cheap and reliable laser, try Samsung, I have the ML-4500.

I find that HP customers services first rate, if any problems occur. Emails responded to, usually by return with good solid advice and suggestions.

Argos have a good range of printers at lower cost range, so would suggest that you browse their website for latest offers.A couple of quite suitable all-in-one HP's are on offer at the £30.00 mark.

lofty29 12:05 29 Nov 08

Kirstymac
Before you go out and buy one always look online for how much the ink replacements are going to cost, as many of the cheapy offers can work out expensive when it comes to buying ink

jaraba 12:09 29 Nov 08

Only used HP printers until recently & couldn't fault them until I used a 1215 all in one.
Was very disappointed so bought a Epson DX8400 All-in-One from Curry's, which was on offer at the time for £39.99. Has card reader slots & usb slot.
Very impressed with results & cartridges very cheap with the major advantage being the separate cartridges for each colour & the black.
Got 2 of each colour & 4 black from choice stationary for £20.

Horza Bora 02:13 30 Nov 08

Cheap refill, high resolution scanning and printing.

Cannon mp610 but its 120pounds.

My wife works in the fashion design and these kinds of resolution are a must for quality work 9600 x 2400 dpi. The savings on the ink catrige alone make this worh buying with refills from as little as 3.50. Hope this helps

Kevscar1 08:02 30 Nov 08

If you want to print out quality A4 glossy photo,s you are not going to do it with a - £50 all in one.
Thats why I have a seperate printer and scanner.

chub_tor 11:37 30 Nov 08

I agree with you about the Canon MP610 which is what I use but he did ask for no more than £50 which is why I suggested the MP260 only £0.19 over budget at today's ebuyer.com price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5