All in One - Copier Printer Scanner

Angry Kid 16:40 10 Mar 09

Afternoon,

Please can anyone advise me on the above as I am looking to buy something to replace an Epson R340 Photo printer and Visioneer 9020 Scanner with Paperport. I do want something that is capable of printing quality photos.

I am drawn towards Canon but wanted the opinion of the users of this forum before spending my hard earned cash.

Your thoughts would be appreciated as always.

Angry ;-)

Terry Brown 17:20 10 Mar 09

The majority of Printer /scanners today will print photo's 'As good as the resolution'.

This means if you have a poor resolution picture, it will not mater how good the printer is, you will not get a good print.

For an example:

Scan a newspaper page, then increase the size by 20%, and you will see lots of 'dots'
This is low resolution.

Look for a scanner with a high resolution scanner, and you will normaly get a good quality printer with it.

I find the HP range are good.

Finally: If you want the best from your printer, use Original inks.
Terry

Teaboy 17:31 10 Mar 09

I have two 3in1's. an Epson SX405, and a HP 1215.

For photos Epson leaves the HP sitting on the floor. But I prefere the HP for general print work.

Hope this helps.

PS. Oddly, the Epson is cheaper on ink consumption.

john bunyan 17:36 10 Mar 09

I had an Epson Multifunction - very good print but ink froze when just out of warranty - could not clean it in spite of asking for help from Epson tech people. I now have a Canon MP 760 (no doubt there is an update) which is as good on photo printing, and importantly in my view, has a potentially removable print head. I undersatnd that in the event of an ink freeze this can be removed for cleaning in warm water. It also can scan slides and 35mm negs,and print CD's. I reccomend the Canon.I agree re ink from the hardware supplier if you want good photos.

march 17:41 10 Mar 09

I have an epson sx100 excellent photo quality, scanner is also very good, got mine from local tesco but asda have got it in now & its cheaper

Curio 19:30 10 Mar 09

Awaiting delivery of an HP C7280. Scanner, printer, copier, FAX. Has good reviews and Amazon doing them for £138.41, saving about 50% of original price. Had software problems with earlier scanner so gone for this multi (cuts down on cabling)

Stuartli 23:08 10 Mar 09

Ask yourself why an all-in-one can cost a fraction of the price of a genuine photo printer.

Also ask yourself would you really want to be without your all-in-one if it has to go away for repair because one of the features (copier, scanner or printer) is faulty?

Covergirl 12:56 11 Mar 09

I bought a Canon MP610 last August-ish? and I've been very pleased with it.

It has a feature which doesn't seem to get much of a mention anywhere, but I find extremely useful.

When the ink is running out, it warns you with an information box. This is pretty standard, but if you press "OK" on the printer, it overrides the status monitor and continues printing.

So far I've had at least three weeks extra printing on what I was informed were empty cartridges and these are the carts that came with it !

My previous Epson 680 just used to stop printing. I had all sorts of problems using software ink counter resetters, battery operated chip resetters and ink refills. Replacing the cartridge when you were "told to" solved the problem but who wants to waste ink in these ecologically sensitive times . . . . ?

tigertop2 14:39 11 Mar 09

Bought my wife a Canon Pixma MP610. Excellen all-in-one machine which does everything well. I looked at dozens before choosing this one-and it has duplex print facility as well.

Angry Kid 22:59 14 Mar 09

Evening everyone,

Thanks for all your comments.

However, after much thought, I have taken on board Stuartli's comments and have decided to purchase a Canon ip4600 and Canon CanoScan LiDE 200 scanner.

I did consider the Canon MP610/20/30s but found the footprint to be a bit too large for where I wanted to site it.

Angry ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…