All-in-one colour laser scanner/copier/fax/printer

Sebby 20:10 16 Dec 05

As the title says, I'm looking for an all-in-one colour laser scanner/copier/fax/printer, but it has to fit into quite a confined space (not sure of exact measurements yet), so it can't have a flatbed. It needs to be of a similar size to a standard fax machine, though it can be larger (taller and deeper, but not much wider). Does anything like this exist?

joethebow 20:47 16 Dec 05

The first thing you should be asking is what price for the consumables? You may find a toner refill costs nearly as much as the original machine.

Sebby 21:03 16 Dec 05

Okay, well these are things I'll be asking once I've found some suitable models. As choice is so limited (it would seem), it's not logical to look at that first.

Stuartli 00:11 17 Dec 05

You've also got to consider that if just one element of the all-in-one goes wrong then you are without the machine for an unknown period whilst it is repaired.

In addition, I fail to understand why an all-in-one, which can actually cost less than a dedicated printer, scanner or whatever, can match individual items.

I appreciate your situation but you are presumably happy to compromise on quality?

Sebby 00:41 17 Dec 05

The situation is that space is very confined - there simply is not room for separate devices. I have had an HP OfficeJet v40 for a good 5 years and it has been great - but it now has developed a problem, and to be honest, it's not economical, which is why I am looking specifically for an all-in-one colour laser, if such a product exists. I appreciate the advice, but that is really what I'm looking for.

pj123 12:58 17 Dec 05

I think you will find it very difficult (or very expensive) to find an MFD with all the facilities you list.

As a start give this site a try though.

click here

wjrt 17:05 18 Dec 05
  Ceri.E 11:11 19 Dec 05

I was only constrained by the fact that my wife didn't want the new colour laser taking up more desk-top room than the Lexmark mono all-in-one laser which moved up to my son's room.

I went for an EPSON:

The CX11N is 460 x 467 x 593 mm (without fax/feeder)

The CX11NF is 460 x 467 x 667 mm (With fax/feeder)

Width x Depth x Height.

With any choice, you are restricted to having a machine with a footprint big enough to copy an A4 document, which I reckon is not easy to make much smaller than the EPSON.

I got mine through:

click here
[email protected]

Ceri Evans

Sebby 11:20 19 Dec 05

Thanks everyone, I'll take a look. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…