aldi medion akoya md96630

amosoreilly 15:31 22 Feb 08

anyone know if medion are any good. this week aldi are selling there laptop. intel pentium dual core 1.6ghz processor, 3gb memory, 160gb sata hard drive, nividia geforce 9300m graphics, dvd drive, freeview built in, windows vista, 3 year warranty. all for £500, im looking for a new laptop does this sound like a good deal i know nothing of medion but the spec seems ok.

Yabadaba™ 18:35 22 Feb 08

i am on my second Medion Desktop PC and never had any problems,good value for money.I cant say anything regarding the laptop,Going with the specs it looks a good buy.

lisa02 18:43 22 Feb 08

Yes and it's bound to be popular!

This machime is a medion desktop,6 troublefree years old now.
Apart from adding memory still as good as the day i got it.
Ive been looking for a reason to upgrade to another pc but cant justify it as this old girl does everything i need it for.If i did change i would definately consider another medion.
My only advice is to get their early,I arrived at my local store at 7.15 am and was 20th in the queue.
They will only have a limited amount of stock.
ps.it was £800 just for the base unit at the time oh times have changed..for the better :-)

amosoreilly 19:31 22 Feb 08

my local aldi store opens at 10.00 on sunday thats when the laptops are on sale. do i really need to get there really early and will the laptops be out or will i have to ask for it, many thanks.

7.15 was for a 8.30 opening time in my case,the laptops will be out on sale(usually at front of store) so no need to ask for it,i suppose it depends on local demand if they sell out quickly/queue early.

ps. they only have about 10/20 units per store usually.

lofty29 20:37 22 Feb 08

I know its not pc's, but I have always found both aldi and lidl products first class, along with after sales service, and they very often sell out quickly, a while ago our local store had sds drills on sale, the builders got in first and cleared the lot by 8.45. next time they were advertised I was there at 8 and got one. After 18 months the brushes broke, after a lot of hard work, know what they sent me a complete new drill free of charge, and told me to keep the old one. beat that

pacer100 21:58 24 Feb 08

The offer by ALDI is just about to run out of time. I see the spec as an excellent one. Not that I am in a position to buy at the moment. Nevertheless if anyone is still interested and has missed the boat-including the digital notebook for that offer price of £499.99 why not try the MEDION site where the 17inch version of the akoya is available for the same price. Best of luck.

Rob_08 23:20 24 Feb 08

I can only find one Medion Desktop pc on the Uk website ?
where are the dual core ones to ?

MCE2K5 23:25 24 Feb 08

click here then click on Notebooklefthand column.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…