ALDI MD8083 Memory

Dragon Heart 23:59 08 Apr 04

I distinctly remember a review of this PC saying it had one memory slot free ! Went to get a 512 Mb memory from local PC shop but sold out ...... when I got home I looked inside case and it has TWO slots free & motherboard says '8088'. Anyone else found same ?

Patr100 13:03 09 Apr 04

I have one and looked inside, Yes, there seem to be two slots free. The motherboard manual is in PDF form on the PC under User's guides. Supports Up to 4GB Ram which I assume is 1GB per slot of four.. Not sure if the existing Ram is paired in some way. There is sone info in the manual about Dual channel pairing but I am more familair with the old SDRam fitting where it just goes into the first slots available.

zebbydog 18:02 09 Apr 04

I have the 8080 xl if you extra memory it is best in pairs so i would get 2 x 256 mb instead of 1 512

Dragon Heart 22:20 10 Apr 04

Not even had time to boot mine up yet so not seen the help files (needed to look inside to transfer over my SCSI & USB boards). Checked the box it refers to "one free slot for upgrading" I understand 'Dual' channel memory enables the PC to access two banks of memory chips at one time, speeds things up a bit they say. Like going back to my first PC with EDO ram. Can't afford two 512 banks now so it's two 256's, thanks for your comments !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…