Aldi Laptop

alB 19:07 19 Nov 06

I've noticed a wide screen laptop at Aldi for £499, not knowing a great deal about specification etc would anybody care to take a quick look and tell me what they think, my main uses would be for video and photo manipulation the usual letter writing and some MP3 conversion ...alB
click here

Severn Bore 19:33 19 Nov 06

Hi
It looks to be a good spec and price to me. Should be OK for what you want.
I have had a Medion PC from Aldi for a couple of years and (without tempting providence) it has been the best of the many I have had over the years. Have undertaken various upgrades myself and found the fit and finish inside the "tower" to be exemplary.
Was a bit dubious about buying it in the first place, but it has given me no trouble, unlike many of the major brands I previously used.
Some posters to the PC Advisor Helproom have had problems with Medions and have complained of very poor customer backup. I cannot comment as have had no need to call on them.

Stuartli 19:59 19 Nov 06

Earlier Aldi (Medion rebranded) laptops have often been from Gericom. See:

click here

sean-278262 20:16 19 Nov 06

click here

much of a muchness but the duo processor would do you better for video encoding allowing you to continue doing other things like using the web.

woodchip 20:56 19 Nov 06

My Medion Laptop is made by Mitac. As I think a Lot of Laptops are. There are not that many makers. They just brand them for other firms and make to there specifications

alB 22:04 19 Nov 06

Thanks all for your comments, I know of people that have had Medion and Tevion products from Aldi and all speak very highly of them, I like the look of the one Creature of the Nite suggests, going to check that out, might try and hold off until after Christmas, maybe some bargains going in the sales, I've now got a better idea of what spec to look for, thanks again ...alB

Stuartli 23:04 19 Nov 06

Our local Aldi usually has a queue out onto the car park when there are particularly attractive computer systems offers.

I wouldn't mind betting it will be the case for the 32in HD LCD TV, though I don't know how anyone will get one home too easily....:-)

alB 16:07 20 Nov 06

Absolutely right, the last time they had one on offer I couldn't believe the size of the box, was nearly as big as my shed!! ...alB

wjrt 16:56 20 Nov 06

for the link posted by
Creature of the Nite
at the checkout use the promotional code
price10 and get £50 off the Toshiba laptop

alB 16:11 21 Nov 06

Thanks very much for that code, I will certainly keep that in mind when I go looking, Cheers ...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…