aldi-dig/camera

picklsey 03:37 03 Dec 05

click here anyone any idea who makes this it says dc 8300 and if it,s any good or not,any views at all really.thanks.

hzhzhz 09:59 03 Dec 05

I think this is a rebranded camera, also sold in argos as vivitar v8300s. If you do decide to buy from aldi, make sure you can get english manual.

Stuartli 11:35 03 Dec 05

Many of these cameras, as hzhzhz rightly points out, are rebadged models from Taiwanese manufacturers (67 per cent of all digital cameras sold in the States in one year recently fitted this description).

However, Vivitar has been a respected name in lens manufacture in particular for many decades (I have one of its screw mount wide angle lens for a Pentax that I acquired in 1966) and if you visit its website you may spot this particular camera model:

click here

picklsey 03:07 05 Dec 05

thanks for responses.

jarani 19:30 08 Dec 05

just bought dc8300 from Aldi - in fact a much better spec than described by aldi - superior spec to argos and significantly cheaper with 512 cd card - great - jarani

jarani 19:31 08 Dec 05

sorry - sd card - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…