Aldi computer gear on sale tomorrow.

shaduf 11:28 12 Jan 05

Aldi have the following on sale tomorrow:

Western Digital 250 GB, 2Mb Cache, 7200 Hard Drive @ £79.99
Tevion TV Tuner Card Mpeg 1,2 +4.with Remote £24.99.
Samsung DVD Dual Layer, Dual Format £59.99.

Not cutting edge perhaps but ideal for populating a barebones system?

Shaduf

bri-an 13:46 12 Jan 05

Cannot find the model no for the Samsung DVD burner, to be able to compare prices elsewhere first.
Will need to travel to the nearest Aldi tomorrow to look on the box, before deciding if it's a good buy!

Rayuk 19:27 12 Jan 05

Well the hard drive is about £100 from Dabs with p&p.think the dvdrw isnt the best deal depends what value you put on the software[which is oem edition]

Modo 19:44 12 Jan 05

bri-an please post with what model the Samsung is if you go and take a look.

As Ray says the hard drive sounds OK - although prices are dropping like a stone at the moment - Anyone know if this is the same drive that was in the Medion 8383 they released on November 25?

The DVDRW sounds expensive compared to the Pioneer from Watford or most other online suppliers. But I'll rest judgement. although given that they don't take credit cards I expect a serious discount for losing that level of purchase protection.

Beas-Knees 20:03 12 Jan 05

This is the DVD Writclick here, A lot cheaper here

Beas-Knees 20:04 12 Jan 05

Try again click here

spider9 21:18 12 Jan 05

Thanks,B-K, I was interested as well - but not if Aldi are so much more expensive ( notwithstanding the Pinnacle OEM software).

gudgulf 10:48 13 Jan 05

I've just visited my nearest Aldi ---The Western Digital hard drive was my target.What they had was not that make and model at all but a Gericom 160GB/2MB cache model for £69.99.I didn't think that was a very good deal so left empty handed.If you are in the market for one of these drives I would phone the store first and find out if is the Western Digital model they actually have.

TomJerry 11:06 13 Jan 05

maybe it is Western digital model rebranded as Gericom which does not make any HDD.

anyway it is not good price and better to get 8mb cache since the price difference is very small.

gudgulf 13:03 13 Jan 05

No the Gericom drive had Samsung on the box as well as so I presume it was manufactured by Samsung.I can get a 160GB/8MB cache SATA drive for that price from Planet Micro.Thing is I need 200+ GB so I was disapointet that the press advertised offer was not available.

Modo 13:06 13 Jan 05

Which store was it gudgulf?

Sounds like I won't be making the journey on this evidence wherever it was as it's about 8 miles across London for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…