albums to cds

exhumed 18:26 04 Apr 04

I want to copy my album collection to cds and need to buy a turntable which I can connect to my pc.I don't want to spend a fortune as it will be of no use once I have copied,and is there software that will clean up the scratches etc.Cheers

Bapou 19:53 04 Apr 04

Software that does a good job in cleaning recorded vinyl is Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004.

Available from click here

jcr 19:59 04 Apr 04

unless you have a very high spec sound card, don't spend too much on your record deck. steer clear of second hand items unless you know their history.

good stuff can be had from project, rega, nad etc for £100-200, or if that's too much, budget decks are available for £50 from bush etc.

lots of software available, from various makers, starts at about £30

lots of useful info at the follwing web site.

good luck!

click here

jcr 19:59 04 Apr 04

unless you have a very high spec sound card, don't spend too much on your record deck. steer clear of second hand items unless you know their history.

good stuff can be had from project, rega, nad etc for £100-200, or if that's too much, budget decks are available for £50 from bush etc.

lots of software available, from various makers, starts at about £30

lots of useful info at the follwing web site.

good luck!

click here

oresome 21:01 04 Apr 04

Bear in mind that the output from a turntable magnetic cartridge does not give a true represntation of the sound recorded.It needs to go through an equalizaion circuit normally provided by a sound system turntable input. Output can then be taken from the line out or headphone socket to the PC sound card.

pj123 15:03 05 Apr 04

I also am copying my LPs (and even old 78s) to CD. My Hi-Fi is around 26ft away from my PC. So, I use my hi-fi to copy the LPs to Cassette and then use a Walkman type player to transfer them to my hard disk and then on to CD. I haven't noticed any detioration in the quality and I am quite happy with the result. There is software to clean up, I use Magix Audio Cleaning 3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…