AJP G220 Notebook

Graham ® 19:54 27 Jan 05

As reviewed in last months' PCA. Can you only purchase from AJP, as the delivery charge of £45 seems a bit steep.

Plus, what is the difference between a notebook and a laptop, please?

Diodorus Siculus 20:53 27 Jan 05

[quote]what is the difference between a notebook and a laptop?[/quote] - nothing except the terminology.

One hears of sub-notebooks but never of sub-laptops though...

Don't knwo where you can purchase AJP machines other than from them; delivery charges are a means by which many vendors make a profit.

Graham ® 20:56 27 Jan 05

Thanks, so a notebook is a poor mans' laptop.

Diodorus Siculus 21:16 27 Jan 05

Notebook seemed to become popular when it was no longer necessary to place a laptop on ones lap to use it. I have an ancient Toshiba here (early 80's) which was huge and really needed to be placed on the users knees, at the very least.

It had a tiny screen that was capable of displaying two colours - black and orange. It is necessary to boot with a floppy disk and then take that out and load into memory the application that you want to use with it. All I have are a word processor and very basic accounts program.

Graham ® 21:43 27 Jan 05

This comes with a DVD player combo CD Writer. Do these all slide out these days so they can be upgraded?

TomJerry 17:32 28 Jan 05

(1) 2.1kg is too heavy for a sub-notebook (or sub-laptop), it may be better to spend more to get a light one

(2) it is very trick to replace any laptop component, you may jave to go to AJP if you want to have a DVD writer which may cost a lot

An alternative I would suggest is: ASUS M5623N which cost £975, with DVD writer and only 1.55kg

M5623N-MH WXH PM 1.5 715 512MB 40GB DVD-RW 12" 56k LAN 802.11g 54Mbps WLAN i855GME Shared Graphics
click here, click here

better value for money than AJP one in my view

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…