Air Mail of Cartridges Restricted

AlanHo 15:11 18 Nov 10

Following recent incidents with improvised explosive devices, the Secretary of State for Transport has issued a directive prohibiting the transportation by air of ink or toner cartridges, to any destination inside or outside the UK. This directive comes into effect immediately. To avoid any doubt, an ink or toner cartridge is defined as ‘a cartridge weighing more than 500g designed for use in printing equipment such as printers, photocopiers and fax machines’.

I guess this will affect some toner and cartridge suppliers not in mainland Britain.

tullie 17:00 18 Nov 10

This has allready been posted on here,but would be interested what weight the average carteridge is.

wiz-king 18:10 18 Nov 10

The toner cartridges in my HP laser printer weigh in a 750g each - and they are small compared to the ones I use at work.

Now that toner cartridges are banned, they'll just use one of the other millions of items sent by air mail every day to conceal their explosives.

spuds 00:22 19 Nov 10

I mentioned this the other day, because eBay have already introduced this in their terms and conditions.

We were wondering if this will effect the compatible suppliers who have moved their business to the Channel Isles, with local and more expensive retailers benefiting from this new transport directive?.

timsmith259 11:19 19 Nov 10

[email protected] your right they will and so will other so called terrorists, the British Police who end up pushing the wrong button, on their helicopter

Pine Man 12:05 19 Nov 10

You seem to be suggesting that the British Police are terrorists?

lotvic 12:38 19 Nov 10

Having noticed a few of postings lately, I can only presume timsmith259 is going through a bad patch as seems to anti everything.

Pine Man 13:12 19 Nov 10

Ahhh.

As Chris Evans used to say 'TFI Friday!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…