air china

sunny staines 12:25 28 Aug 08

has anyone used this airline, speaking with them on the telephone is hard work and did not get very far.

unsure if the seats are cramped and is it worth upgrading to business as they dont seem to have a premium economy.

Is their service is ok.

Forum Editor 17:57 28 Aug 08

and yes, it's worth upgrading to Business Class. The in-flight service in economy is decidedly economical.

You'll fly in either a 747-400 or an airbus 330.

sunny staines 18:11 28 Aug 08

Forum Editor

Thanks for the reply, hoping to visit for a holiday early next year jan/feb.

sunny staines 18:13 28 Aug 08

not too keen to fly on an airbus though always found them cramped with small seats. The poor speaking rep i spoke on the phone told me they were 747's.

Forum Editor 19:15 28 Aug 08

you'll fly the inbound leg in an Airbus, but it depends on dates.

VNAM75 19:17 28 Aug 08

sunny staines, which part of China will you be visiting?

Newuser38 22:33 28 Aug 08

I guess you have looked, since you mention Premium Economy, at Virgin, to Shanghai, but if not. PE around £800 per person Heathrow return in Jan/Feb 2009. I see that Air China surcharge is £725. Although they go to Beijing and Virgin to Shanghai.

Virgin Holidays info is at click here but I bet you have already been there.

sunny staines 11:00 29 Aug 08

I am planning to visit shanghai, bejing, xian and anwhere suggested that might be good. do not know too much still trawling for info and advice. looked at virgin but ordered their brochure via their web but it never arrived only got junk e-mail in return. previous experience of their sales line is very poor. But we have used their flights in the past with good service.

any one recommend any good food to try or places to visit. the wife wants to see pandas and various interesting sites I am looking forward to trying new foods and the local culture and customs.

sunny staines 11:05 29 Aug 08

Newuser38

a useful link thankyou. upgrades on air china look very steep.

spuds 12:20 29 Aug 08

You might find this interesting click here

For fares! click here

Regarding food, then it can be quite varied, depending on location and Provence. Remember that the Chinese have a saying. "If it flies, crawls or walks, and it isn't make of steel, wood or plastic, then eat it". Personally I have had the opportunity to try most Chinese foods, but one of my favourites was the early morning roadside rice soup breakfast and cha in cold and chilly areas.Warmed you up for the day.

spuds 12:23 29 Aug 08

Forgot to mention 'swims' as part of the saying ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…