Affordable Gaming Monitor under £200

JWTaylor98 00:56 17 Mar 14

I'm looking to buy a new monitor that is suitable for gaming and has overall good picture quality for under £200. I don't mind compromising on aesthetics or size, although around 24" would be ideal, and I don't care for extra functionality such as built in USB hubs. I have no need for any stand adjustability either as I plan to mount it on a monitor arm.

I've already done hours of research and browsing myself but with such a wide range of options and a lot of conflicting reviews and opinions for particular products, brands, and panel types I've found it very difficult to find a monitor I feel confident to invest in. I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations and advice. Thanks in advance.

mart7 19:50 17 Mar 14

What do you categorise as a gaming monitor?resolution? Image response? Panel type?

JWTaylor98 14:54 20 Mar 14

I want a low response time suitable for FPS games and reasonable image quality. I don't care about higher refresh rates like 120Hz.

mart7 15:05 20 Mar 14

There are a few ips panels available in your budget for a 24" stretch your budget a little more and there's a couple of 27" ips panels for £210,response time of 5ms

mart7 16:59 20 Mar 14

Benq 1ms

click here 5ms

click here

Aoc

chub_tor 19:18 20 Mar 14

This one from CCL claims to have 1ms response time.

chub_tor 19:20 20 Mar 14

Sorry mart7, I misunderstood your links and I have shown the same one as you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…