Aerial Upgrade

Bingalau 18:47 06 Sep 06

I've got a "Proper man" coming to quote a price to upgrade my TV Aerial next week. Does any body have any advice to give me about what I should be asking/looking for? My present reception is poor especially when it rains. (Sky is o.k. but that's from a separate dish). I also think my reception is affected by a row of Poplar trees across the lane from me. Also I have been hearing about these "senders" which I assume send a TV signal to other rooms. Do I, in that case, only need the new cable to feed into the main TV and use these senders to feed the TV's in other rooms? ..Bingalau..

Stuartli 18:54 06 Sep 06

If you are using the new aerial for Freeview you will need a wideband aerial.

Re senders. You would be far better setting up a proper circuit providing TV aerial points around your property (which would also serve your Sky service) than using senders.

However, I'm quite sure that if you are using a competent aerial fitter than he/she will be fully aware of exactly what is required for your area.

Stuartli 19:08 06 Sep 06

This will give you an idea about distributing TV etc around the home:

click here

Stuartli 19:10 06 Sep 06

This website:

click here

will indicate which digital channels you can receive and, under TV Reception after keying in your postcode, the Freeview stations available and which are the strongest and weakest strength MUXs transmissions.

Bingalau 19:35 06 Sep 06

Stuartli ..It seems to me you are also a "Proper Man" and I appreciate your input. Thank You!
I will now go away and study the information on the sites you have given me. At first glance it all looks a bit too technical for me. But I will at least glean some knowledge from it. I didn't know there was more than one type of co-axial cable, but noticed that information a couple of minutes ago, after a quick glance. Thanks again and will let you know how it all turned out next week. ..Bingalau..

BRYNIT 19:56 06 Sep 06

Remember if you are having a new aerial make sure the cable is replaced as well.

Bingalau 20:10 06 Sep 06

BRYNIT O.K. That seems to be sensible enough to me. It's been there too long I think anyway. Thanks for your help ..Bingalau..

Jackcoms 20:14 06 Sep 06

This may help with the Poplar tree problem click here

€dstowe 22:13 06 Sep 06

If you can receive satellite TV then you should be able to receive all of the terrestrial stations by the same method.

Kate B 23:37 06 Sep 06

It's almost certainly the cable that's the problem - it might be that you can get away with just replacing that. I paid £150 a couple of weeks ago for a new aerial and cable, by the way.

terryf 02:13 07 Sep 06

I tried using a sender to get sky pics into my bedroom TV and because of the composition of my walls (a type of cinder block) it wouldn't work although the same model works fine in my son's house. So if you get one to try out, get it from that well-known highstreet catalogue store so that you can return it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…