Advise on new computer

lilythepink 21:39 16 Aug 04

I have a new monitor and keyboard, so I want to buy a new up to date computer box. What do you call it and can anyone advise on memory and latest technology please.

Thank

Charence 00:59 17 Aug 04

If its a case you want have a look at this one from Savastore click here

If you want one with everything else inside it (mobo, cpu, hdd, ram, etc) click here

Memory - what do you do on your PC? What do you expect from it? If you want your PC to be really fast, then get around 1Gb of ram. For normal computer use around 512Mb is enough. What memory you buy depends on the motherboard.

Charence

carver 08:56 17 Aug 04

Try here for a selection of cases click here some very good cases, try and avoid the cheaper ones with PSU already fitted.

flubberjack 09:07 17 Aug 04

If you need a full base unit - click here may be what you are looking for.

Dell and Evesham are also worth a look.

lilythepink 11:21 17 Aug 04

I have tried to shop with Dell but I cannot seem to buy the box without the monitor or keyboard.

Mesh looks good, but I would like to have a choice. Is there any point in having a CD BURNING DRIVE as well as a DVD Buring drive, as I have CD'S with info on them.

rev.bem 11:36 17 Aug 04

Have one built to your specification.

click here

ste_bla 11:39 17 Aug 04

A separate cd writer will be faster than writing a cd in a dvd writer

If you like a certain mesh but want it slightly different you can email them for a quote and they do try to accommodate your requests, thats what i did!

Urotsukidoji 11:43 17 Aug 04

priority imo should be given to ram and processor as high spec/ as much as you can afford, then gfx, periferals (dvd rom/ dvd rw etc) then "pretty bits" i.e. case etc

try and aim mid range for gfx, you can always upgrade later,

for costs of bits try overclockers click here or scan click here

hope this helps

lilythepink 13:57 17 Aug 04

thanks for everyone's help. Mesh looks a good deal. does anyone know about their warranty or services in Northern Ireland

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…