Advise needed

hotant 09:23 18 May 04

I brought a new base unit and the power supply blow up and i sent the pc back.Got it back and the power supply has blown up again.The problem is that they want to fit another power supply and told me i need a surge power protector which i already have.I now want a new pc or my money back but have yet had no reply from them and they seem determined not to do this.What is the best way to go about it as i want to take legal advise,if anyone could help and shed some light on the subject

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:28 18 May 04

Power supplies blowing are very rare and as two have blown I would be checking your circuits in the house.

G

hotant 09:35 18 May 04

Fair point but i'm on a surge protection why would the power supply have blown up?

spuds 10:24 18 May 04

Purchase another surge protector, perhaps you have a faulty unit.If the problem is still evident,after your have replaced the surge unit, then I would look into the matter further via your home electrics.

wee eddie 16:36 18 May 04

I agree that Surges could be the problem but 2 surges in such a short period of time seem unlikely.

Have you done a consumption calculation to decide whether the Power Supply purchased is sufficient for the loading it is expected to carry?

hotant 17:17 18 May 04

AMD XP 3000+ ASROCK K7S8X,400 DDR,DVD REWITER 350WATT POWER SUPPLY WINDOWS XP HOME A RADEON 9200 128mb.It sounds more than just a power supply fault to me as it has not touch anything else on the surge protection plug!!

hotant 17:36 18 May 04

Got a quick calculation from a site and it all adds upto 318 watts

Gaz 25 19:22 18 May 04

Ouch, I would say for a 3000+ Id go 450 watts.

wee eddie 19:34 18 May 04

Then I feel that they should have installed a more powerful supply.

If, however, you are running 2 or 3 USB powered devices through it or have installed any extra devices, then they may only be partly responsible for the overloading.

hotant 06:07 19 May 04

Created by them so it sounds like i was sold something under powered and not really upgradeable unless i fork out on a new psu.Personal i think there a bigger problem inside me pc??

Gaz 25 17:09 19 May 04

All the computers I build I dont care at all, I put in MIN 420watt PSU.

This is becuase they are very much like speaker wattages, you can never be sure. A 350watt may operate lower.

Thats where Antec's Truepower PSU's come in, they are very good quality and provide a true wattage, instead of the peak wattage.

I would say get them to replace it with a more powerful PSU.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…