advice on what to look for ...

marisom 14:05 05 Aug 06

I am about to buy a laptop for my teenage daughter, I know she wants power point and a dvd re writer, and microsoft, can anyone advise me what I should be looking for. I have looked on the Dell website, but cannot suss what I need or don't need, I have also looked at Comet website.

It is to help her with GCSE'S and hopefully more.

Please help I am well out of my depth with all the jargon

Pamy 14:22 05 Aug 06

powerpoint coms with Microsoft Office software costing hundreds of pounds

g0nvs 14:36 05 Aug 06

Not If she is a Student.

De Marcus™ 14:36 05 Aug 06

Just about any laptop will do for a student, which by the way qualifies you for a copy of Microsoft Office Student & Teacher Edition
at a cost of only 75 squid. click here

Pamy 14:42 05 Aug 06

your daughter will have more ideas than you on what she wants/requires as she will have friends with laptops. make a list of all the physical things that she wants and see what you can buy that has them. It will almost certinly come with Microsoft XP home operating system installed, but no Microsoft office (£350 retail version). You may get cheaper earlier versions.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:56 05 Aug 06

She can download open office for nothing and it is very similar to MS Office. click here click here

G

Pamy 15:02 05 Aug 06

What constitues a "student"

Arthur Scrimshaw 15:07 05 Aug 06
  Pamy 15:59 05 Aug 06

could not understand it, so would the teanager or parent qualify?

wolfie3000 16:54 05 Aug 06

Pamy has the right idea, ask your daughter what she wants to do on the laptop then you will have a better idea of what laptop to go for.

Pamy 17:07 05 Aug 06

Thanks, most of my sugesions are just ignored

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…