Advice on Webcam

byfordr 10:08 27 Jan 04

I am looking to buy a couple of web cams to set up a video link between me and my Dad. Maximum price £80 per cam. From reviews I have narrowed it down to these three.

Philips TOUCAM PRO II
Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
Logitech QuickCam Sphere

Both computers are on XP. The lowest spec is 3ghz P4, 512mb no graphics card.

Can anyone recommend anything that will do the job as well? I'm looking for good quality images, and sound.

Thanks in advance.

R

byfordr 09:28 28 Jan 04

Going to have a go with the Creative Labs Webcam NX Pro. Feel free to post if you have any advice...R

Infamous 11:50 28 Jan 04

i have the logitech 4000 pro its excelent quality picture because its 1.3 megapixel and also it has a built in mic

slowhand_1000 19:53 28 Jan 04

I've just replaced a Philips Toucam Pro (due to it locking up) after about 18 months or so. The quality was brilliant, many people thought we were running through a digi video cam.

We have replaced it with the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000, but only because it was on a very special offer. Though I must say it seems every bit as good as the Philips.

anchor 19:50 30 Jan 04

Have a look at this thread:

click here

Someone got a Logitech 4000 from Currys for about £40. Perhaps the offer is still running.

byfordr 23:59 30 Jan 04

Sadly not, I saw the thread. Check out a few Dixons and Currys...not even a single webcam of any description. Lots of staff standing around talking through! I ordered a couple of NX Pros in the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017