Advice Please - Not IT related

ajm 23:48 20 Aug 08

Approximately three and half weeks ago I purchased 5 items from a online shop selling shirts on special offer. I was advised by email that it could take upto 10 days for these to arrive. I paid for the whole order ( using a Solo card ) and within 7 days, received 3 shirts and was told that the other will follow within a week as these shirts had to come from Germany.

I havent yet received these two shirts and have emailed the company concerned and they havent responded to my emails. I know they are receiving my emails and reading it as I am getting a read receipt.

They have charged me for the full amount.

Can they do that? Is it legal that they have taken the full payment and not given me the goods I paid for. Is there anything I can do "expedite" the delivery of the remaining shirts.

spuds 00:07 21 Aug 08

Its quite legal to take the full amount before dispatching any items. Its also legal to reimburse any monies owed up to 30 days.

The only options that you have, is to wait for the items to arrive, so completing the order. Or perhaps cancel the remaining items under the DSR.

I would check to see if the company belongs to MOPS or similar organisation, who have schemes for arbitration and money refunds.

laurie53 07:13 21 Aug 08

It's normal to allow 28 days for delivery.

Forum Editor 07:35 21 Aug 08

although their customer service is somewhat flaky if they can't be bothered to respond to your emails.

jack 09:07 21 Aug 08

Consider the possibility also that with a large demand for a good bargain- their supplier is being tardy and - subsequently a lot of people if E-mailing in with a 'Where is it'
So many of these firm are two man and a girl in shed- and can get somewhat overloaded when things to awry .

ajm 22:07 22 Aug 08

I received a response from the company and they apologised for the delay - they were busy with the unexpected demand and also they seemed to have problems with emails. The two shirts are on the way.

They also offered me, as a gesture of goodwill, a very good offer should I wish to purchase more shirts and I must say, it sounds tempting.

I am going to tick this as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant