Advice please about purchasing a 2.1 speaker system for pc

mart7 17:26 12 Sep 13
Answered

At the beginning of the year i purchased a microlab 2.1 system for approx £30,the output is 40 watts total,the sounds a bit flat and uneven and im looking to change them

Can Anyone offer some advice for a better set? £50 max budget

wee eddie 10:08 13 Sep 13

Can't advise you about speakers but can suggest that the quality of the Recording, by how much it has been compressed, can make a considerable difference to the Reproduction.

No speakers in the world can make an MP4 file, or DAB Player, sound like a CD, or an LP, on a real HiFi Player. I doubt that this matters much if you are listening to Pop but for the rest of the music spectrum, the sky's the limit, and when you have your £50 Speaker Set, you will start thinking about what you could hear if you had a £100.00 set.

The definitive tests are, in my opinion are the Female Voice, the Acoustic Guitar and the Piano. All become flat if you are replaying using a lossy storage format.

mart7 10:57 13 Sep 13

wee eddie

i completely agree im a musician so i know how much the recording quality can vary,i only bought cheap speakers for the pc not really for the purpose of listening to music more for the gaming side i just find theyre not as good as the previous ones i sold on,a set of labtecs

rickf 15:56 15 Sep 13
Answer

I find my Creative Gigaworks T20 excellent. Try them.

mart7 19:04 16 Sep 13

Thanks i have and was surprised how good an overall sound they have to say theres no seperate sub

excellent cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…