advice over what 15 inch, lightweight laptop to buy

HelenRS 12:03 PM 08 Jun 13

Hi, I am looking for a laptop but rather overwhelmed by the choice - 15.4 inch screen, less than 2.5kg (lighter the better), good battery life, DVD player and pretty robust. I will be using it as my main computer for work (i work from home). I live in Kenya, where good repairs are not so easy to find, so would prefer reliability over style. I use it outside, so a screen with glare reduction would also be good. Budget is 800-1000 dollars. Thank you!!!

Ex plorer 09:35 AM 10 Jun 13

Take a look at the Samsung series 9 seems a worthy contender.

Ex plorer 09:54 AM 10 Jun 13

I cant vouch as to how good these anti glare items are but it may be worth a look and a little research from google see here

chub_tor 12:53 PM 10 Jun 13

If you are looking for reliability then this survey might help you. Assuming you are not going with Apple then Asus, Samsung and Toshiba stand out with the latter being given the award for most reliable in the Work section.

Woolwell 17:18 PM 10 Jun 13

The inclusion of dvd player will increase the weight. Ultra-portable/lightweight laptops normally do not include a DVD drive built in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…