Advice on new PC what and where from

Dekka123 17:44 07 May 09

I have a budget of £800 app.I am looking for a fast pc I will use it for word Processing spreadsheet, video editing playing music, watching films. Any recomendations gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

birdface 18:50 07 May 09

Something to look at until you get some advice.

click here

Woolwell 19:51 07 May 09

Have a look at Cougar Extreme click here

iscanut 21:15 07 May 09

I would second Woolwell's recommendation. Cougar produce good quality units at a reasonable price and after sales service is very good if you need it.

OTT_Buzzard 21:21 07 May 09

Few questions:
does you budget need to include operating syste, keyboard, monitor & mouse?

Do you normally run multiple applications at the same time? It affects processor choice. When i say do you'run' multiple applications, i mean actually have them working away at the same time. e.g. ripping a dvd, while working on a spreadsheet and having a film playing in the background.....

Dekka123 22:36 07 May 09

Thank you all for your prompt replies I am sorry for the delay in answering but I had to go to work. OTT_Buzzard in answer to your first question I already have mouse, printer, and keyboard. Question 2 yes I do have multiple apps running as well as usualy playing music in the background. Once again thank you all very much for your help.

OTT_Buzzard 23:14 07 May 09

From the sounds of things a quad core processor will be the right way to go - they have a significant benefit when you run a lot of applications at the same time.

click here

The 'Pro' version will still give sufficient budget for a good montitor and operating system. It's supplied with keyboard & mouse, but the cost of that is two parts of nothing on the cost of the PC. The company is good as well, consistently either winning awards or getting 'commendation' for customer service.

Will have another look around for other alternatives later.

Dekka123 23:31 07 May 09

Thanks OTT_Buzzard I have heard a lot of good reports about Novatech. I think thats the way I will be going.Thanks everyone for your help. I will leave this thread open a bit longer and see what happens.

Dekka123 09:51 13 May 09

Thanks very much to all for your help. I have ordered a PC from Cougar Exreme and I think I have got a good deal. (delivery expected May 18th). Once again thank you all very much for your help. I will tick this as resolved.

iscanut 15:45 14 May 09

Let us know what you think of your purchase when you get it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5