Advice needed please

cshadwell 10:21 07 Dec 05

Ok i'm at the end of my tether with pc world and am after some advice. we have a pc from them which we have had for under a year. It suddenly wouldn't boot up and using the restore disk didn't work either. we took it back and were told to take it home and phone helpline. After an hour on the phone were told the disk was faulty and should reboot from an XP disk. The machine only comes with teh restore disk so where am i supposed to get xp disk from. Anyway took it back to the shop again and they said they would look at it. they have now restored it to factory settings but can't supply another disk so have no restore disk for machine should anything ever happen but they say its not their responsibility if disk is faulty? Now machine is running slower than before and just feels wrong. I'm not a technical expert but its just not the same. Pc world say its fixed and it is working but slower and a few clunky noises. I'm not satisfied but not sure what my next step should be.
Sorry this is so long but very frustrated.

spuds 11:45 07 Dec 05

Consult click here for further advice

In the meantime you may find something here to think about click here

To go further click here

cshadwell 11:48 07 Dec 05

thanks i will check those out

wee eddie 12:44 07 Dec 05

Get all the details of the purchase that you still have. The more paperwork the better.

The Restore Disk was part of the original specification and if it has failed to work, then they cannot deny responsibility for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…