Advice on going mobile ONLY please

PFMarconi 09:54 17 Sep 08

At the moment I have a BT landline and a BT Broadband package of £15.99 per month, serving a desktop and laptop.
My last 1/4 bill gave me Rental charges of £70 while the cost of calls was £73.
I want to stop these rental costs and replace my landline with a mobile phone. However, I want to keep an internet service.
How can I do this?
Thanks
PFM

GRIDD 10:23 17 Sep 08

If the cost of calls exceed your rental charge it's time to change call package.

I think you should stick to a landline and get a call package that offers free calls.

PS. It's never a good idea to solely rely on a mobile phone service.

PFMarconi 10:28 17 Sep 08

Thanks Gridd.

spuds 10:58 17 Sep 08

A rental charge of £70 per quarter seems excessive when other deals are available for broadband and telephone calls and possibly television.For £14.99 per month, I can get line rental, broadband and certain numbers free telephone calls all provided into that price.As a not excessive user of the telephone, my quarter bill comes to no more that £54/£60 maximum all in, as final payment.

Depending on your contract terms with BT, I would suggest that you have a look at other deals. possibly through a independent comparison and review website. click here might be a start!.

tullie 15:51 17 Sep 08

The rental charge should be about £33

tullie 15:53 17 Sep 08

By the way,you have two threads on this subject,its very confusing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…