advice on cougar system please

nella1 11:56 14 May 08

I have had a quote from Mario at Cougar who was really helpful. This backed up everything I'd read in the forums.I had said about £650. I could go to £700 but I need a bit left to pay for someone to set it up because I'm bound to make a mess of it. The quote came in at £648.37.
Marion worked hard to save me some money on my original spec but I just wanted to run the system by anyone interested who could let me know that I'm not sacrificing anything to save a few pounds.
I don't do any gaming but do use Photoshop extensively and like to listen to Music as well as the usual PC stuff.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
QC-Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 1333fsb
300GB SATA Hard Drive
512MB 8400GS SUPER PCI-E
3GB Kingston DDR2 667
8025 Black & Silver Case
550 Watt Big Fan
22 inch BENQ LCD silver widescreen Monitor
Microsoft keyboard & mouse set
Microsoft XP Home
DVD=/-RW-18X Sansung Lightscribe
Creative Sound Balster Audigy 4 PC1 7.1
Integrated speakers ( I have my own surround sound speakers)

Thanks

Thanks

iscanut 12:02 14 May 08

The only thing I would add is that get a bigger hard drive ( 500 GB ? ) if you can afford it. Not sure what you need help to set up for as it will work out of the box, unless you mean to set up to internet and set up email etc. I am very pleased with my Cougar system as others on this forum are also.

Horik 18:16 14 May 08

Last time I looked at Cougar (which was a week or so ago) they were selling a 500Gb hard drive cheaper than a 300Gb as part of a custom build. Worth ringing Mario back up and checking.

FatboySlim71 23:03 14 May 08

Yeah I agree go for a bigger hard drive. I got a PC from Cougar around 3 months ago and am very happy with it. Excellent place to deal with.

The only advice I could give is get the best components on it that you can afford, don't try to save a few more pounds, you know your budget so my advice is to get the best you can afford (within your budget).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017