advice on comp upgrade-wot mobo ect.

second best 20:08 05 Feb 03

hi, i have been advised by a local shop to purchase an ECS Elitegroup K755A mobo at 50 quid, which is actually the cheapest in the shop. are they any good, and why is he so keen to sell me the cheapest? i play games and create digital movies using my pc, sio i need a capable machine, but not one that costs the earth. any advice?

kane_2002k 20:45 05 Feb 03

it's a decent board, i have used it myself with no trouble at all, it's stable and good value. But it comes with very little extra's (no raid, serial ATA, etc.) and it may be worth spending a little more to get something based on via KT333. But the K7S5A is a good board, nothing negative to say about it other then the lack of cutting edge technology.

second best 23:18 05 Feb 03

thnx kane. what exactly is raid or serial ata, and what are the benefits of having them. i have a standard hdd.. would i need to upgrade?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…