advice on buying a new pc

gary46 21:01 30 Dec 06

ihave been looking at buying a new pc package. i have around £1100 to spend and it will be used mainly for gaming,but would also like a tv card installed.any advice on spec i.e intel or amd,graphics cards,amount of ram.also any personal recomendations of suppliers,pc systems would be a great help.Also should i wait till vista comes out? many thanks.

malgall 21:08 30 Dec 06

i am looking myself and it looks like dell
is a good place to go

Woolwell 21:10 30 Dec 06

Try Evesham. You may as well wait for Vista.

wjrt 21:17 30 Dec 06
  webb204 11:09 31 Dec 06

hi ,i,ve had my evesham pc advisor solar gs for around 1.5 months now ,i deleted the speakers ,added a digital tuner card ,it cost me £1049 with 3 years on site warranty ,it has intel duo core core 6400 cpu ,1 gig ram ,19 in widescreen monitor (viewsonic) creative sound card ( excellent)nvidia 7900gs graphics card ( i can run fear on top settings) i am really happy with this system ,i had to update the graphics drivers for fear ,but that was a 2 minute job ,and it came on time ,would recomend evesham to anybody

terryf 11:27 31 Dec 06

Try click here? my son buys for his business and boasts (to me) what good value for money also I have bought from click here and found them good value for money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac