Advent Tegra Note 7 ( PCWORLD) usb port failure

Pwales 17:06 13 Mar 14

I bought this tablet at xmas and it has performed well for the light use it has.

I went to charge it the other night using the usb port as this is the only way to charge this unit. When I put the cable in. The same way I had done before the port went loose and it seems its snapper.

I took this to PC World and they accused me of breaking the port. I explained all I had done was put the cable in as the instructions say and that the port was defective.

I have had numerous communications with their "customer services" team and they say it cannot be replaced/repaired. However I believe that under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 I am entitled to such a repair/replacement as the items must be of satisfactory quality and last a reasonable length of time. less than 3 months with light use is hardly a reasonable length of time.

Any advice on what to do with the tablet other than insert it somewhere would be useful.

mole1944 06:58 14 Mar 14

Be polite and insist they look at it,never heard of charging laptop via usb,could be wrong there. Have you been charging an external device and drawn to much current that couls damage things, more info please.

mole1944 07:02 14 Mar 14

oops just re-read your post,not a laptop,sorry. It will charge via mini usb port just be polite and persistant, these ports i hate they are way to delicate.

Forum Editor 12:23 15 Mar 14

There are reports that the USB port on this tablet is confusing, resulting in attempts to force the micro USB connector in upside down - could this have happened in your case?

RobbieFairhurst 16:01 12 Apr 14

That's ridiculous. Ever since the kitkat update the note 7 has been awful. The most common issue is the charging and battery life. It's took me 2 hours for it to have enough charge to switch it on that's 6% also if the usb port is physicaly broken they have to prove it was with force. All products should be able to with stand a curtain level of abuse and is warranted to support use of wear and tear parts for 12 months. So that means they guaranty it should hold up for that long without issue. Don't let anyone say otherwise especially a customer rep who hasn't got a qualification to say so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…