Advent PC's and PC advice

tomleady 12:03 24 Oct 03

hi. has anyone bought a Advent PC? I am considering buying one from PC World. The spec is good and so is price. I was wondering what people thought about Advent machines.

also, apart from PC world, where could i buy a new PC from, (not buying a TIME!). I prefer buying from a big store becuase i know i can get technical support.

Just hoping for people comments and suggestions.

Sorry if its very vague!

alcudia 12:19 24 Oct 03

I bought an Advent 3206 two years ago. I don't want to say this because I know what will happen, but I've never had a problem.

The only caveat I've got is, that despite the spec, it should perform better. This appears to be common with Advent. But then again, I would rather have stability.

Just check on what you get in the way of recovery discs because mine just came with an image on CD.

anchor 12:26 24 Oct 03

My cousin bought one about 4 years ago. The only problem he had was with the monitor after a year, which was replaced free of charge.

Yes, it does seem to lack a bit of performance, but he is content with its reliability.

Al94 13:04 24 Oct 03

Agree 100% with both alcudia and anchor. Got my 15 yo son one 12 months ago, no problems at all and it gets some serious use!!. Reliable but not quite as sparkling as spec would suggest it should be. Upgraded ram to 1 gig & soundcard.

tomleady 13:31 24 Oct 03

I need something that will perform well with use of a new soundcard and a new 128MB graphics card so i can use for my multimedia course and for mainly to play games on! good games!

thanks for your feedback

tomleady 15:16 24 Oct 03

just realised that i have posted this subject twice. sorry.

my cmputer at work, is, well, rubbish! So i blame it on that!

cheers for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…