Advent 7060 laptop hinges broken up?

m500dpp 07:54 02 Nov 06

This happened to mine a few days out of the warranty period (but after very little use, it was left open most of the time). PCW advised I should get professional view on whether it was a design/manufacturing fault. To cut a long story short I supplied the MD (Keith Jones) with details of 9 identical laptops for sale on Ebay with broken hinges - he ignored my letter. I then sent the details recorded delivery to John Claire (ceo of DSG the holding co) and he also completely ignored it.

It seems there was a definate problem suffered by many buyers of this laptop, which PCW must be aware of but have chosen to ignore.

Anyone else had this problem?

(my 7060 is in the bin, let out its last final sigh and died around 18 months old)

Tinababes 11:07 26 Nov 06

hi i had the same problem with my advent7060 luckily i had extra insurance on mine.Its been back for repair 4 times now 2 were down to hinges cracking, i am really dissapointed and regret the day i purchased this there is always somethin goin wrong with it, sorry to hear about urs.x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…