Advent 7011

Alex-254568 23:13 12 Feb 03

I am thinking of buying Advent 7011.
Can anyone recommend one or not.
Or can you recommend a good laptop for about £1300 Thanks.

Forum Editor 00:19 13 Feb 03

is limited, but what I have seen and heard has been good. You may get a more helpful comment from Gandalf if he passes this way - he's probably bought some Advent machines for people.

On the laptop front
click here

davidg_richmond 13:47 13 Feb 03

this one got a gold star rating in what laptop, so i would think that the 7011 with pretty much the same components except cpu and HDD will be just as good

Cantillion 18:58 13 Feb 03

PC mark 2002 URL click here

No complaints about the unit; but if was picky, I'd moan that the battery life ain't that good (nothing new in laptops there) and although there's almost every kind of connection you'd need, there's no spare slot for anything more :-(. If you want to add wireless conectivity, you'll need a USB device. Oh, and I tested the s-video out on my TV, but it wasn't working (but as I didn't need this, I haven't tested to see if it was the cable etc and not the laptop - probablt should sort that one out before my warranty expires!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…