Advanced WindowsCare from iobit.com

Stephen Rogers 19:14 13 Jun 08

...just got my fingers burnt with this - it deleted all my previous restore points without asking, and decided i needed a plain blue desktop with no possibility to change it.

Thnkfully I'd used Windows XP Backup utility so could recover

ho humm

sunny staines 19:30 13 Jun 08

i have the latest beta with no problems. [beta 3 ver 2.5 has a clash with avast reported on their support].

tullie 21:47 13 Jun 08

To be honest,i have never had a problem with it.

spuds 22:56 13 Jun 08

I have used AWC for ages, and found it to be very worthwhile and friendly. Never had any problems with it so far.

Rob_08 00:22 14 Jun 08

I dont like that software either. Does stuff without your consent yukk. If you must play with software use RETURNIL before you play.... reboot and alls well. Best software ever imo.

spuds 10:28 14 Jun 08

One thing perhaps worth a mention.

A program free from the same iobit stable called SmartDefrag, was sending out a warning via Avast yesterday, that a trojan/malware win32:delf-KMP was present.A number of people have raised a query about this on various forums, and it looks like a false/positive. I had this on my computer, and placed the 'offender' in the chest as recommended by Avast. Computer seems clear now.

tullie 13:45 14 Jun 08

As ive said,i have been using this programme for an age with no problems,it has never done anything i havent wanted it to.There are optins to deselect items before you start,i hve had no alerts from Avast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…