ADSL2 Modem/Router

iscanut2 12 Mar 12
Answered

I have had a Netgear DG834G v3 for a number of years now. It may not be as reliable as it once was and I am thinking of changing it. Can anyone recommend a similar, easy to use, uncomplicated router that could take its place. It is used with cable to my desktop and a laptop and net book access it wirelessly. I do not want a top of range one, just one that will work well and not expensive. Thanks.

john bunyan 12 Mar 12

I have a Belkin SURF N300 Wireless N Router. See Google for specs. About £50. I am sure ther are others but I find it quite good. I have it cabled to desktop and a broadband phone "black box" and wireless to a laptop and iPod touches. Good strong wireless through thick walls of a biggish house.

iscanut2 13 Mar 12

Thanks John

interzone55 13 Mar 12

I've got a Zyxel NBG-419N, cost around £40 from Amazon

http://www.zyxel.com/uk/en/productsservices/nbg419n.shtml?t=p

When I bought it it wouldn't connect to Talk Talk, but a quick call to Zyxel tech support quickly identified the problem and they emailed a firmware fix that sorted it out - very good service and a very reliable product.

I now have a Zyxel router, gigabit switch and wireless range extender...

interzone55 13 Mar 12

That link is broken - try this instead

iscanut2 15 Mar 12
Answer

Thanks. Thought I might have had lots of recommendations but will tick as resolved and sort something out myself.

rdave13 17 Mar 12

My standby Netgear router just died a quick death so looking for a cheap one as backup to my D-Link. Will be going for this one, http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/networking/wirelessnetworking/wirelessrouters/adslroutersbtline/td-w300kit.html

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message