ADSL to reach 50Mbps over copper lines!

TOPCAT® 19:04 25 Mar 03

I bet Gandalf will be the first to get it once his exchange has been upgraded. Come to think of it, he's the only one who can afford the charges!! :))) TC.

'SEEMINGLY NEVER ONE to think that something is fast enough as it is, Centillium is up to its tricks again. Only a month ago the company said that it had managed to get ADSL working at 20Mbps. Now the company has a new product that is backwards compatible with ADSL that can reach a downstream of 50Mbps over an ordinary copper network....'

click here

TOPCAT® 20:12 26 Mar 03

Closing!

oresome 20:55 26 Mar 03

I wonder if it's actually been tried on a real life network at these speeds, or are the figures just extrapolated from some laboratory trials? Call me cynical if you will, but I always wonder where the catch is.

TOPCAT® 18:12 09 Apr 03

I suppose this breakthrough is primarily aimed at US business users who can afford it, but I wonder how long it will take to arrive over here? TC.

'According to a report from iSuppli, Centillium last week said it had made the eXtremeDSLMAX semiconductors which is set to extend broadband over ordinary copper into practically every US home.

The chips allow for downstream data rates of (up to) 50Mbit/sec and the analysts say this will give broadband to subscribers who are as much as 22,000 feet from the central office over ordinary phone lines...'

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…