Adsl Modem/Router's life span?

rickf 20:40 08 Jan 04

Out of curiosity has anyone had the above dying on them fairly rapidly. Over the past 3 yrs I have had two died on me, a Netgear DG812 and an Excelsior 5816. The latter died suddenly this morning when I tried to log in. It displayed a "page cannot be displayed..." etc. I then switched it off waiting for it to reset. Twenty minutes later, on turning back the power, the LED wouldn't even come on. Just got a new one, a Mentor, and so far its brilliant. Very easy to set up. Up and running in 10mins.

rickf 20:41 08 Jan 04

Should read DG814.

DAG88 21:00 08 Jan 04

I had my routers breaking down temparerily where i needed to disconnect the power for a day until it would work again (it was only 1 week old too!!)

I decided to upgrade the frimware and have had no problems sinse - mabyu shoyld upgrade yours too

rickf 21:08 08 Jan 04

Can't as its dead as a dodo. Tried reviving it several times over the day before buying new one out of need for the net. Mine's not just a router. They were both Modem Routers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…