ADSL Broadband

expertec 12:44 28 May 03

Currently i'm using Telewest Bueyonder and i'm very happy with them, but soon i may be moving house to a non-cable area. What I want to know is:

Are Freeserve any good? If not can you reccomend a good ISP?

Will i be able to access my blueyonder email account from ADSL connection, or will i just have to change e-mail address?

acemark 14:13 28 May 03

Hi, I've been using adsl for about a year now, my isp is zen internet. I had a hardware fault when I took out the account but since sorting that have had no problems at all (apart from some odd experiences while playing multiplayer games online, but i think thats normal, or is it???) Anyway, I'm quite happy with adsl. A friend of mine uses freeserve dial up and he's often complaining of being cut off/punted from games, but, that's not necessarilly (spelling??) down to freeserve (he's convinced it's freeserves fault, of course)

1514 14:22 28 May 03

click here

You could go and have a look at "Claranet" I must admit that I have only just gone to them but thay seem pretty good. You only get, I think, 120hours per month for £14 with ten on a modem. As I do a lot more than 120hrs, I have gone for the expensive one, any amount of time and five on a modem.

DJ Si 19:53 28 May 03

I use freeserve dial up - not great! Looking for a better dial-up presently. I've heard Virgin net are good. See my question in consumer area.

expertec 09:04 29 May 03

I'm not interested in dial-up, I wanted suggestions of broadband ISPs, please

Mogga 09:30 29 May 03

I've got Freeserve Broadband and it works v well. Had a few problems setting up (and contacting Freeserve by telephone is a nightmare).

Although I am supposed to be able to use Internet and telephone at the same time, incoming telephone calls sometimes cut my broadband connection - it may be that my wiring is a mess though.

I have noticed a that download times deteriorate at peak times, which is something I wasn't expecting but don't know if that is common to broadband or just Freeserve.

The green modem is hideous!

anchor 09:55 29 May 03

Have a look at this thread. Pipex were the winners.

click here

NICK ADSL UK 12:13 29 May 03

BROADBAND AT IT"S BEST i would not recommend that you compromise on the importance of broadband

click here

jediknight007 13:23 29 May 03

£18.99 for the basic 512k broadband or £21.99 for the same but with support for p2p sharing, unlimited e-mail addresses and 250MB webspace. click here Check out click here for prices on most ISPs available and also check out Force9, part of Plusnet who I heard are also good. Man, this is the 2nd time I have had to type the same answer now in 5 minutes. I would suggest using the search first next time because there are like 5 new 'broadband' queries every day and they basically ask the same question.

expertec 13:24 31 May 03

Is Alcatel Speedtouch 330 modem any good, anybody have problems with it? (I'm running Window$ ME, BTW)

Aletank 20:13 31 May 03

I've just been in the same situation of moving house to a non cable area. I finished up going with Pipex due to the good reports,my Bros's been with them for 12 months and had great service, They have a half price connection offer on at the mo, your third month is FREE,My Bro gets a month FREE for recommendin me.
I wasn't too sure o nthe set up so i phoned there tech support and it was answered INSTANTLY and sorted just as quick.On that note before you sign up with a ISP just give there tech support line a call and see how long it is before they answer your call(just hang up then)
Blueyonder cancelled my E-mail instantly, I was hoping i would still be able to collect my E-mails but it was cancelled, other dial up ISP's i nthe past, there E-mail accounts have never been cut off after I've left.
GOOD LUCK ANYWAY and PIPEX has been great up to now for me!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…