ADSL Activation

BigMoFoT 15:47 27 May 03

This story is fairly old but as I'm new to this forum..

About 8 months ago I decided to go ADSL broadband amd opted to go for PIPEX, after numerous visits from BT and PIPEX reps it was decide that they needed to 'do some digging' in the street, (which would have included my mum's roses!). After being seriously cheesed off I cancelled with PIPEX who were very understanding. After speaking with a BT engineer he said BT could provide ADSL withou digging??? (I think the reason for that was that even though I have two numbers I still only have 1 line which is split using a DAX)

Anyway I've been with BT for 8 months and have no complaints other than the price - £27.

The reason for this posting is that my contract with BT is nearly up and was hoping to go somewhere cheaper. When I cancel my contratc with BT will my line be de-activated as ADSL and thus have to pay more activation costs elsewhere?

Looking over IT 16:40 27 May 03

It all depends.
There is an switch system in operation BUT there are some ISPs who dont support it. Im not sure whether or not BT do. Basically it allows you to change ISP without incurring the activation charge. If they dont support it, then you will be de activated and then re activated when you choose another ISP.

Hope it helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…