Adobe Photoshop CS for $99.99?

Masterspy 18:55 13 Oct 04

Has anyone had any experience of buying software from the website click here? It is a Canadian company operating from the USA.

They are selling Adobe products for Windows at a fraction of their RRP. Many products are $49.99 ie Pagemaker 6.5; Photoshop 7.0 etc. Some Mac titles are to be added as I write.

At these prices, you only get a CD and are not entitled to tech support but you are eligible for registering and upgrades.

I am interested in learning if anyone has any info about this company. Any bad experiences! When you buy from the USA, is there any import or VAT taxes to pay and how is this aspect of a purchase dealt with? They only accept payment by Mastercard or Visa via a secure site. Are such transactions risky considering the adverse publicity on CC fraud?

I have not bought over the web before.

Many thanks

jimv7 19:39 13 Oct 04

Not had any experience of this site but,If its too cheap, buyer beware.

Vague Boy 21:10 13 Oct 04

Highly suspect.

Jarvo 21:23 13 Oct 04

The activation process described on their site differs from adobes description. for a start activation most of the time would be an on-line procedure and surly adobe would provide an activation phone number not the seller!

My guess is if you e-mailed adobe customer services with the URL for this site they would be very interested in it.

Jarvo

powerless 21:31 13 Oct 04

If It Sounds Too Good to be True...

€dstowe 09:03 14 Oct 04

My junk mail bin gets stuffed with offers like this. Do the right thing and consign it to where it belongs.

spuds 09:52 14 Oct 04

Large amounts of these offers are constantly on display via the internet. Most of these companies may offer a bargain but others may not, so it is a case of buyer beware.

If you do try to purchase, then further considerations are required.[1] Will the company deal with exports.Some will not deal with UK addresses, due to possible fraud involvement or USA/Canadian export regulations.[2]The actual company that produces the original product, may not provide support or help.Especially if the item is a 'grey product'.[3]Depending on stated value, the UK customs may levy some tax revenue charges.This could also incorporate a Royal Mail handling/administration fee.[4] If it's broke, who will replace it. This could well be a nightmare saga in the making.[5]You may find that the sales contact is obtainable, but other communication avenues are virtually non-existant. Try contacting all the url's offered and see what happens,before you submit any personal details.

The choice is yours at the end of the day, but I would take heed on the advice offered, and perhaps stick with your local UK supplier.

BT 09:33 28 Oct 04

If you read the Site info it appears that these discs are 'Bundled Software' ie software that is normally supplied with some piece of equipment. This is usually an older version or an SE version and while perfectly useable is not usually the 'Full' version

The Spires 09:47 28 Oct 04

On the main page there are several spelling mistakes, I would consider purchasing a barge pole, although these are not easy to come by.

MeV1 12:51 28 Oct 04

Maybe its OEM software?

still sounds dodgy.

MeV1 12:55 28 Oct 04

Quote:
We can sell at such low prices because we not only buy in bulk but the software was to be bundled with hardware originally. Therefore it does not qualify for tech. support registration. However it will download all updates from the manufacturer. Some are purchased from bankruptcy sales, auctions etc. If you want tech support you need to buy the retail version at full price from a local software store.

"Some are purchased from bankruptcy sales"

Enough said!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…