Adobe photoshop

918 23:38 26 Nov 05

Could you please tell me what is the latest version of adobe photoshop and how much is it.
cheers 918

sintares 01:27 27 Nov 05

Adobe Photoshop CS2 v9

Amazon have it for £460

click here for just over £401

Dabs, £431

You can get upgrades if you have an older version for around £140

€dstowe 10:17 27 Nov 05

Paint Shop Pro does almost the same job and is a lot, lot cheaper.

click here

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:54 27 Nov 05

I have heard of some software called 'GIMP' I don't know much about it but I know it is free and appears to be quite powerfull, maybe that would be something to first look into?

Don't get me wrong, I love adobe worth every penny but im sure there are free alternatives that are just as powerfull

iambeavis 11:14 27 Nov 05

Having used all three of them, I can venture the opinion that GIMP is as good as photoshop 7 but it doesn't come close to CS2.

iscanut2 11:29 27 Nov 05

Try Photoshop Elements 4. For the home user and non technical expert, this is just as good as the full Photoshop version and at £60/£70 much cheaper !

918 11:37 27 Nov 05

Thanks all, spot on info again.
Cheers 918

jimmybond 16:21 27 Nov 05

alternatives to adobe photoshop - yes, there are plenty.
You're stretching it a bit though, if you think there are free ones just as powerful. Why do you think they can charge so much for it - cos it's the best.

Paint Shop Pro does a very good job for amateur/home use - but if you're a pro there's reaally no alternative to Adobe's product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…