Adice on purchasing desktop computer

loopyloo 16:39 04 Nov 05

I am looking to purchase a new computer and want advice on which makes are good. I have a budget or around £799. Also is it best that the graphics are seperate or intergrated. Does it make any difference. And are multi media machines any different in specifications.

Forum Editor 17:11 04 Nov 05

with the best advice, could you tell us what you'll mainly be using this computer for?

Are you going to play games?

work with graphics and/or images?

Watch DVDs?

All of those tend to be resource-hungry, and would affect the recommendations we might make.

Post back with the information, and we'll sort out some suggestions.

loopyloo 17:25 04 Nov 05

I will be using the pc for word processing, my digital photos storing and printing etc, internet, some music downloads and burning and a little games.

Forum Editor 17:34 04 Nov 05
  rdave13 20:27 04 Nov 05
  rdave13 20:35 04 Nov 05

The Atlas ST2 with Windows xp home edition is £767.99 inc. VAT.
Seems a good buy but find out the del. charges.

Jamesy 23:40 05 Nov 05

Try Dell also, they do some good deals these days and are surprisingly reasonably priced with all the offers going on. Check Dell.co.uk and the "winter deals". You could get a good machine from them for about £650 which will do you for years to come.

loopyloo 11:18 06 Nov 05

Thanks everyone for your advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…