Acronis and which edition?

Diemmess 12:49 02 Mar 15
Answered

Silly plunge to pension off my 8 year old OS to XP.
Acronis TI v 10 won't stretch to new Win 7 and I would like to know from a devotee which version to buy and where to go for a sound deal? My old version 10 rejects Win XP

lotvic 15:28 02 Mar 15

W7 and I'm using ATI Home 2011, because it was a present several years ago :)

I think you should be able to get a copy for free from your Harddrive manufacturer's website, I recall they are customized (name changed but it still shows ATI on the screen when you open program) slightly cut down versions of ATI. I know the Seagate discwizard and Maxtor maxblast ones do/did.

Diemmess 15:44 02 Mar 15

Thanks lotvic, I had forgotten the manufacturers own! I have a feeling that when I looked inside the HD was labelled Toshiba, but there is plenty there to point the way.

john bunyan 15:47 02 Mar 15

Also ATI Home 2010 and W7. Works OK but being mean, on a second PC I use Macrium Reflect (Free) that seems fine. My v 2010 was bought for XP , I thought..

Macrium - Filehippo

Batch 09:03 03 Mar 15

I switched to Macrium Reflect Free with Win7 (was using ATI8 with XP). I checked out all the free competition and Macrium Reflect Free was easily the best at the time.

Diemmess 09:52 03 Mar 15
Answer

Thank you all, This is new hardware and I'm trying to avoid wrong entries.

My Acronis (10) wouldn't have anything to do with Win 7 but has saved me many times in the past while using XP.

I've ordered an "as new" Acronis 2014 from eBay English address

Nontek 14:02 03 Mar 15

I use Acronis 2015, having updated each year to the latest version. No regrets!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac