Acronis True Image v. 9

Ancient Learner 20:28 06 Apr 06

I have v. 8 of this and notice that v. 9 is now available. The upgrade costs $29.99 it seems.

Is it advisable to upgrade or not I wonder. Has anyone any views on the matter please.

ade.h 21:56 06 Apr 06

I'm about to buy True Image, but I can't decide between ver.8 at about £10.50 and ver.9 at £30. Is it worth the extra? (Probaly not I suspect).

I would be interested to see what responses you get, A L.

spuds 22:36 06 Apr 06

Why upgrade or pay extra, if the product is doing the job intended.I use v.8, and it seems to do the job.

vinnyT 15:39 07 Apr 06

I'm with spuds on this, what extra feature does 9 have, over 8, that you cannot do without, can you justify the beer money;-)

David4637 16:30 07 Apr 06

A lot of folk have had probs with V9, stick with V8 if it does what you want. David

ventanas 16:56 07 Apr 06

v9 does have a few advantages like differential backup and the snap restore, which gets you working immediately while the system is still being restored.(would you trust this?) If you don't want these go for v8.

rawprawn 17:18 07 Apr 06

I am still using True Image 7 and I see no reason to upgrade. It does a perfect job for me and that is all I need.

Ancient Learner 20:43 07 Apr 06

Thanks everyone. That seems pretty conclusive, so I won't waste what little bit of cash that our foreign Chancellor allows me to have. A couple of bottles of Port will do me more good anyway.

Arnie 12:45 11 Apr 06

I too use Acronis v.8.
It works well doing the job I require. I don't even bother with incremental backups, instead always backing up everything, since it is quite fast anyway.

I always 'sum check' the image and have never found it has let me down.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

€dstowe 18:59 11 Apr 06

For something as important as a backup you need a system you can trust. There are reports of Acronis 9 failing which they don't seem to have sorted out yet.

I have version 8 on all my machines. The images work under real life conditions and it does all it is supposed to so I don't see any reason to upgrade.

ade.h 19:57 11 Apr 06

I'm off to spend the grand total of £10.49 on Amazon then! (Well, maybe a little more to get Supersaver.)

Thanks to all respondents and to Ancient Learner for asking the question in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…