Acronis True Image 10

Paul669 11:59 26 Sep 07

I am thinking of buying this program, as it has received excellent reviews in this and other magazines. However, on Amazon some of the reviews are terrible, ranging from problems with installation to corrupt images and problems restoring.

Does anyone have any comments, good or bad, about this product.

Many thanks.

Confab 12:19 26 Sep 07

Probably one of the best programs that I have ever used. A few mouse clicks and you PC is up and running exactly as it was the day you made the back-up.

Confab

David4637 12:40 26 Sep 07

Go for Acronis - the BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. I will stop shouting now. David

€dstowe 13:21 26 Sep 07

Acronis 11 is out now - or will be very soon. Advance information sent to me indicates it has some useful additions.

stylehurst 13:56 26 Sep 07

True Image 11 is now out & has some additions over Version 10.
I have been using True Image since Version 7, having changed from Norton Ghost. True Image is undoubtedly a very good program that gives no problems. There will always be detractors of any program.
One suggestion, it is always worthwhile verifying an image, so that no nasty shocks are encountered if there is a need to use the image in a restoration scenario.

acronis v 11 thread
click here
acronis 10 seems to be going back up in price/disappearing
was on ebuyer at £15
and play.com for £14.99 now £26.99
still available at
click here
£19.97
but first link indicates latest version will be available for approx £20($39.99)
so as €dstowe has mentioned the useful additions you maybe better off considering v.11
click here

Pine Man 14:12 26 Sep 07

I have had TI 9, 10 and now 11. It just gets better every time!

isca2 14:50 26 Sep 07

To upgrade to version 11 costs £15 and well worth it.

Pamy 15:05 26 Sep 07

I never got mine to work and gave it away in the end. Have a look at my earlier post for help with it...click here

Quiet Life 15:27 26 Sep 07

For cloning say C drive to a second internal drive and having the ability to test it by changing the boot order then XXclone click here
is hard to beat. If your C drive goes wrong all you have to do is clone your back up drive back to C drive.
It works and is free.

Pine Man 15:35 26 Sep 07

I agree XXclone is good but it's a bit like the difference between a Mini and a Rolls Royce comparing it with Acronis ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos