Acernotebooks.co.uk

Shutt1e 19:48 21 Jun 06

i was on acernotebooks.co.uk and saw that if you pay £20 they check the laptop before they send it is this wort it also is it worth upgrading the ram from 256mb to 512 mb for £20
thx

bluto1 20:03 21 Jun 06

I`m not sure about the check but to me the RAM upgrade is good.

Shutt1e 20:05 21 Jun 06

ok thx

silverous 08:55 22 Jun 06

..and I'm in two minds.

One says, why should you pay a supplier to 'check' something they are supplying to you.

The other, pragmatic, mind says - they don't open the box normally and the laptop could be a dud. It might have dead pixels. One such service I saw also updated Windows and Virus software and would install any software you bought as well. It depends if this is worth 20 quid to you. I'd probably do this myself and take the risk on dead pixels.

Think4_Danny 15:09 22 Jun 06

From a retailer's point of view I can state with confidence that any e-tailer in the UK must comply with the Distance Selling Regulations Act which effectiveyl gives the customer 7 days from date of receipt to cancel their order for any reason.

This would allow you to forego paying for a presales check since if you were unhappy with the laptop upon receipt (for any reason) you could simply return it within 7 days - regardless of any dead pixel policy in place.

silverous 15:13 22 Jun 06

True, but then there is the hassle factor which is I guess what they are preying on plus the service of installing things and updating it.

I'd prefer to buy a laptop online than from a shop for the distance selling reason as a shop will just tell you where to go with dead pixels (often).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…