acer wireless

helaus 18:04 PM 09 Apr 12

i loaned my friends acer laptop and tried to connect to my wireless router, it connected OK for 10 mins then failed - no wireless in range (even thou it was within a few feet) - took laptop back to my friends house and he now gets the same message - we've enabled the wireless but still no luck - what is the problem - even had BT help desk (providers) and he could not help - but did say they could resolve it at a cost of £30

any ideas PLEASE

onthelimit1 10:54 AM 10 Apr 12

First make sure the wireless is on. Not sure on the Acer, but may be a switch, may be a combination of Fn key and a function key (usually marked with a little antenna on one of the F keys). If all OK, try uninstalling the driver then reboot and let windows reinstall.

If all else fails, buy a USB wireless dongle such as this which is amazing value for money and works very well.

birdface 17:46 PM 10 Apr 12

Just installed an Acer Wireless lan Driver today.

Just go to Acer.Add the make model etc.

Or type problems into the start box and it gives you loads fixes for different problems including internet connections.

Or maybe try safe mode and last good configuration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X