Acer warranty... what is the best way?!

_Cos_ 09:11 30 Jul 06

I have a small problem with my Acer laptop but before I would take it back to the retailer and I would like to see clearly my rights before I would live with them.

If anybody has a suggestion or idea about the most effective process of claiming warranty, I would gladly read it!

My small problem otherwise is only that, I can not switch it on only after around the 30-40 try.

I`ve bought this laptop only 6 weeks ago.

Thanks for every advice in advance!

spuds 09:50 30 Jul 06

The retailer is responsible for the laptop, and that is your first port of call, not Acer. If there is a definite fault, then you are within your rights to ask for a refund, repair or replacement, as the laptop would be deemed to have been faulty from the beginning, and well within the first six months from purchase, were your consumer rights are far stronger . It is not for the retailer to insist that you contact Acer to sort out the problem. These websites will help you decide on a more clearer plan of action click here click here

Acer repairs are conducted by a third party, and going on reports from various forums and media statements, it would appear that the aftercare facilities could be much better.Delays in returning a 'repaired' product seems to be one of the main issues.

You haven't mentioned the retailer, so in fairness, I would suggest that you have a word with them, all may turn out well and easy. If you have problems come back to this forum, or use the above links.

Jimmy14 11:33 30 Jul 06

where did you purchase the laptop from?

Forum Editor 12:36 30 Jul 06

that this machine was purchased in the UK. It may have been, but it's by no means certain, and before givng any further advice we should wait for the answer to Jimmy14's question.

irishrapter 15:13 30 Jul 06

Yeah it will depend on where it was purchase from.
If it was bought in the likes of PC World or any of the Dixon group stores in the UK then you can only go back to the store within 28 days of buying it.
After the 28 days you have to phone the help line and they will talk you though the problem and if it needs repaired they will send a courier to pick it up.

_Cos_ 16:22 30 Jul 06

Thanks for the answer spuds! It will help me!

For answering the Jimmys question, I purchased this laptop in London in an MBA technology shop on the Tottenham Court rd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017