Acer Warranty Repair

dms05 13:24 12 Feb 08

I've just had to return my Acer laptop under the 3 year extended warranty I took out with Acer for £45. Acer made the whole process simple and it went without a hitch.

Initially I called the Acer Helpline and they issued a repair number and immediately sent me an email outlining the collection procedure. This allowed me to contact DHL with Acers contract number and arrange for collection on a day and place suitable to me. DHL were excellent and I was able to track the package to Acer, then through Acers repair facility and finally back to me.

My laptop was collected and returned within the week with minimum fuss and maximum efficiency. Not only that but Acer had replaced both memory sticks even though only one was faulty. In addition they had cleaned the fan and heat sink.

Included with the returned laptop was an engineers report and all my original paperwork.

I can't fault Acer or their repair agents. 5 Star service needs to be praised.

Totally-braindead 13:27 12 Feb 08

I know it was only a memory fault and not something more differcult to repair but even so thats very good service. Done in a week door to door. Wish more companies could do this.

MaxUpload 14:41 14 Feb 08

Yes - I can only reiterate what has been said about this service.

I had a problem with my son's Acer Ferrari and after about five minutes on the phone to the technical helpline the problem was diagnosed as a faulty graphics adapter.

From contacting Acer to receiving the repaired laptop back in my hands took less than seven working days.

In the box was a full diagnostics report and information on the fault which was solved by fitting a new motherboard.

This is a superb service which deserves mention.

crosstrainer 15:15 14 Feb 08

Acer agent, I can vouch for the quality of their service....Better than any other supplier I deal with. If I order by 4:30pm, the ALWAYS deliver the following morning. Never any problems on returning clients machines (without extended warranty) and they have waived charges on numerous occasions. I'm not a huge operation, but obviously still of valur to them.

Shouldn't say really, but they are also pretty good with the odd freebie too :)

crosstrainer 15:15 14 Feb 08

valur=value :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…